Apatin - Green Head
Within the special nature reserve "Gornje Podunavlje", on the left bank of the river Danube, the tourist-recreational complex "Zelena Glava" is rising.
In the very heart of the peace, on the surface of 8.5 ha of fairy-tale landscape, the natural lake extends, a rare ecological pearl.
On the tourist map of the municipality of Apatin, in the north-west of Vojvodina (about 180 km from Belgrade and about 110 km from Novi Sad), the Zeleni Glava tourist park is under construction in the natural reserve "Gornje Podunavlje".
It is located on the left bank of the Danube River. Park area is 8.5 ha. In the very center of the complex there is a natural lake that occupies 2,5 ha.
The idea was created in 2007 with the aim to develop the tourist offer of the Municipality of Apatin, and at the same time to take care of the preservation of the natural environment.
The tourist park has the capacity to include according to the project:
• Camp settlement
• Restaurant with congress hall and summer garden
• Hotel accommodation capacity of 30 rooms
• 15 built bungalows, of which 6 apartment type with cable television and internet, and the other 9 four-bed
• Viewpoint height of 16 meters
• Water- mill with waterfalls
• Mini paddock
• Spot courts
• A religious object on the island
• Gym, billiards hall, shop, playground
For the activities that could be performed, they are foreseen:
• Camp settlement with complete infrastructure
• Sport fishing at the pike
• The souvenir will contain postcards, souvenirs with motifs "Green Heads" and the city of Apatin, all equipment needed for campers and cyclists, fishermen
• Driving around the lake and the complex itself
• Driving a boat on the Danube
• Photo safari and eco-classrooms with the goal of teaching and training
• Tours to "Gornji Dunav" (trekking, birdwatching)
• Sport courts and playgrounds
• Gym with a spa program
• Celebrating religious holidays
• Organization of seminars and lectures in the congress hall.
Currently on location is from above:
• Complete design of the restaurant that needs to be brought in when it comes to the continuation of the building
• 15 bungalows of which 6 are next to the restaurant and 9 across the lake
• A natural lake of 2,5 ha covered by lakes - with the intent to fish the net, already in the lake
• There is a water- mill that is currently located on the river Drina, but it is arranged to transfer it to the reserve
Purpose and permissions:
• Natural reserve, lease of the site to 99 years
• Approval for construction from the competent local self-government
• Location implemented infrastructure (electricity, water) to the reserve